Gene Farley 1927-2014
Gene Farley has passed away at age 86. Gene and his wife Linda, who preceded him in death, were supporters of SWWAP throughout the last 10 years. Gene was involved with helping plan the November 7, SWWAP ACA program. Gene's passion was the advocacy of single payer for America, and he worked tirelessly for the cause. The Farleys presented 2 programs on the subject of health care, and presented a documentary at another event. Their passion, grace and optimism will be greatly missed throughout the progressive community.
Gene and Linda are both buried at the Farley Center for Peace, Justice and Sustainability.
The Farley Center's mission is lived out in the following ways:
- Promoting peace, justice and sustainability with education and activities for the community
- Facilitating the work of peace, justice and environmental social action groups through community partnerships
- Reaching beginning farmers with technical assistance and helping them build capacity through organic farm incubation, and education
- Promoting organic gardening and farming through education and land use
- Demonstrating ecologically sound environmental preservation through organic farming and education about natural burial practices
- Protecting the land so that it can serve as a natural learning environment for all, including those in educational programs that can benefit from this resource
- Nurturing community growth, connection and revitalization by hosting meetings,workshops, and small gatherings that focus on peace, justice and sustainability
Those wishing to contribute to the Center in Gene's honor, can do so at: http://www.farleycenter.org/index.php/en/donate